Wednesday, May 23, 2012

on one year...


Can't believe it's been ONE year already! We had a lovely time in Maryland this past weekend. The weather was beautiful and our stay at The Sandaway B & B was top notch. I would love to go again. 
We arrived on Friday a bit early and decided to take a trip on the ferry over to St. Michaels to have a look around plus grab a bit to eat. 

We ended up eating at a place called Big Pickle. Such a cute little restaurant which were famous for their fried pickles! I had a genuine Maryland cream of crab soup for lunch. Speaking of crab, I think Bobby and I ate crab in most every meal we had in Maryland. Crab dip. Crab cakes. Cake soup. Crab pasta!! You can call me "crabby anny". Just kidding. Don't. 

The B & B was much more than I had expect. My in laws were the ones who recommended Sandaway after staying there last year and for some reason the vision in my mind did not do justice! 
We ended up getting one of the bigger rooms and so it wasn't right in the main house. Even though we chose to have that sort of experience it was still nice to sort of be spread out and not all be the same house. If you get what I'm hinting at ;) 
 The second photo up was the main house. The photo above is where we stayed which was just right next to the main house. We were on the lower level with a screened in porch. It was so lovely to sit out there in the evening and watching the sun go down. You could even see the bay just by laying in bed! To. Die. For.

 My favorite part of our stay was the sailboats. There were so many on the water that weekend and it was so beautiful watching them glide on the sparkly water.


Saturday we splurged on a kayak rental for 24 hours. We packed a picnic and heading out on the bay in the afternoon. We spent a good four hours out exploring the water. Have you ever been kayaking?? Not as easy as it may look! It was a work out man! Oh and let's not forget about the sun burn...ouch!

I was even able to wake Bobby up early on Sunday (our last day) to take one last kayak ride on the bay. It was hard but I did it! Sipping on some coffee on a kayak in the bay...not something you do everyday :D 

All in all, the weekend away with my husband of one year was nothing short of amazing! It was peaceful and relaxing and fun! We did miss our little boy but it help knowing he was in good hand. Thanks to my wonderful in laws :)

ps: fun fact-- our room had it's own guess book and after going through it one night guess who I found? Mother-in-law and father-in-law. Yep we stayed in the same room. How funny is that. haha.

♥A. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK