Monday, September 10, 2012

on sweet & sour chicken...


I put this simple and quick crock pot sweet & sour chicken dish together over the weekend. I was looking to make something that I didn't need a lot time to prepare and that didn't need much of my attention. I created this yummy Asian inspired chicken dish in a matter of minutes and let the crock pot do all the work while I got things done around the house. I forgot how nice it was to make friends with my crock pot and from now on I will be using it much more this season. Try it out on a day that you could use some extra time, you will be so happy!



Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breast
1/4 cup corn starch
salt & pepper

For sauce:
1 green pepper 
2 green onions
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 white vinegar 
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder 
1 tablespoon black bean sauce


1// cube up chicken.
2// slice green pepper.
3// slice up the green onion.
4// salt and pepper chicken and sprinkle on the corn starch to coat chicken evenly.
5// mix all the ingredients for the sauce right in the crock pot
6// add the chicken right into the sauce
7// stir everything up well, set the crock pot to high and cook for four hours. 


Make a side of rice or soba noodles and you'll have yourself a quick, easy and very tasty meal for the family. I made some brown rice but now I am totally wishing I had soba noodles on hand! The chicken comes out juicy and tender with plenty of sauce you get to drizzle over your rice or noodles. And garnish with some of the green onion on top! Total yum. I even sprinkled some red pepper flakes on my dish to give it a little kick. 
Enjoy! 


xoxo.

1 comment :

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK