Thursday, April 18, 2013

on jasmine rice topped with tofu & chopped brussels sprouts...


This was a random spur of the moment dish that I made the other night. I had bought some extra-firm tofu last weekend not really knowing what I was going to make with it and so I ended up surveying what I had going on in the fridge and viola! Dinner is served. I love jasmine rice, it's my favorite and brussels sprouts have grown on me so adding them to this dish made me equally excited. It turned out great and even my husband, who actually thought the tofu was chicken for a hot minute, ate his whole plate and even took left overs to work. What? I know! Try it out and let me know what you think. 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Jasmine Rice
8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups brussels sprouts, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
4 scallions, white & green parts, chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Directions:
1. Cook rice as directed on the box and set it aside with lid on the pot. Cook tofu on high for 10 minutes until it browns slightly. Remove tofu and set aside. In the same pan heat olive oil and add chopped brussels sprouts, garlic and grated ginger and sauté until they become tender, about 15 minutes. Add tofu back into pan with the brussels sprouts and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook dish for another 10 minutes. 
2. Spoon some jasmine rice onto a plate and scoop a heap of the tofu with brussels sprouts on top. Serve.


Happy Eating! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK