Saturday, October 01, 2011

on gingerbread pumpkin trifle...

Happy October friends! I don't know about you but I adore October! Eeeek. And it's finally here. I've been planning on a special little treat for this blog for the month of October since forever and now it's the first day I finally get to introduce it! Starting today I will be creating and sharing fun pumpkin recipes every weekend of this whole month! Fun eh?? I mean are you really surprised? I am a pumpkin nut! So today I would like to first share with you all the Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle that I made last weekend. It got two thumbs up from the family and I certainly recommend it for your next gathering. Very simple too! 
Ingredients:
2 boxes of gingerbread cake mix
1 package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding
1 (29 oz) can of pumpkin!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 carton (12 oz) cool whip, thawed 

Directions: 
First prepare the gingerbread. Just follow the direction on the box. I used two round 9 inch cake pans, greased. I baked the gingerbread the night before I made this dessert since the cake needs to completely cool. It worked out best. 

Next day was when I actually started making the rest of the ingredients. Next was the pudding. This is another thing that I just read direction of the box and made. Easy as pie! I actually bought the pudding that you can just stir in the cold milk and it thickens by itself instead of the stove top kind. If you are using the stove top kind, no biggie just make sure the pudding is completely cooled before moving on to the next step. 
Combine the pumpkin and the brown sugar in a medium bowl after stir this mixture into the pudding and mix it well. 

Now you are set to start layering. I have a fancy glass trifle bowl. I recommend a glass bowl so you can see all the layers! But I'm sure just a deep dish would work fine too. I cut up the gingerbread into small cubes which made it very easy to layer. Gingerbread is the first to go in. Pack it to the bottom of the bowl and gently press down. Next use a spatula and dump half of the pumpkin/pudding mixture on top of the gingerbread. Spread it evenly around. Next is the cool whip. Do the same. I didn't add this middle layer of cool whip just because I was trying to cut down on a few calories and it was still just as yummy. Then another layer of gingerbread. Another layer of pumpkin/pudding and lastly the other half of the cool whip! All done. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top to garnish and eat up :) Your family & friends will adore you. 

Happy October :)
♥A.

3 comments :

  1. Fabulous fun October idea! And super yummy looking dessert. I'm keeping this recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you and I must have been thinking the same thing... desserts! This looks AMAZING. I'm gonna make it this week! Happy October <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK