Sunday, July 10, 2011

on dinner tonight...

As much as I am a super foodie in the summer I tend to eat less. I don't care for big hardy meals with a starch & veggie next to my meat, so on. I like to keep it simple and light. Also just because it's just too damn hot to use my oven in my dinky little kitchen. I roast. Tonight I made Chicken with Artichokes and Angel Hair Pasta. Perfect! 
So to start out I used about 8 thin chicken cutlets. Put some flour in a dish and season it with salt & pepper or any seasoning you like to add. Put cutlets in flour and dust excess off. In a large skillet add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat. Mean while have a pot boiling for the angel hair pasta too. Then add chicken and cook for until brown. Once done toss into separate bowl. Add one cup of chicken broth to the skillet and boil it. Then add one can of artichoke hearts that are quartered. You can either use the ones that are just in the can with water or the ones that are marinated. I used the marinated ones because I feel like they give the dish a great flavor. Put the chicken cutlets right back into the chicken broth along with the artichoke, parsley (I didn't have fresh so I just had to use dried) lastly about one tablespoon of capers. Let all this boil in the juices and presto it's done. Slap some angel hair on a plate and drizzle the chicken and artichokes on top. Eat with a side of yummy bread, like me, with butter and your tummy will be a happy one. Not too full but full enough to want to cuddle up on the couch and nap. Did I do that? No. I fought the temptation :)
Ingredients:
salt and pepper
1/4 cup flour
8 thin chicken cutlets
1 can artichokes hearts
1 tablespoon capers
1/2 cup parsley
8 oz Angel Hair pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
No way I could fight this...

How could I? Yesterday my mother-in-law bought me these mini cannoli's! I've never had one and she wouldn't have that :) So she bought me some. And this was my dessert and yes, I like! They were chocolate chip, I didn't know this until I took a bite. However I did have to fight the urge to eat all three of these mini rolls of heaven but instead I saved some for my husband. Amen. 

♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK