Monday, October 08, 2012

on blackberry chipotle sauce...

I stumbled on this recipe via Facebook after one of my friends (Hi Gina!) posted a lovely picture of her dinner. I instantly ask where she got this recipe and because she knew I love spicy things was super happy to pass the recipe along. Blackberry Chipotle Sauce. I mean, doesn't that sound so intriguing? I was so curious about this combination that I just had to try it! I'm not a huge fan of fruit but I've made it my goal to try more things that involve fruit and let me tell you that I've falling in deep deep love! I followed this recipe for the most part.


Ingredients: 
2 cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped (start out with less and add more as you go, this stuff is spicy!)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon Kosher salt


Start out with combining the blackberries and sugar together in a pan over medium heat. Let it simmer, cook and turn the heat off after it starts to bubble. Take a potato masher and mash the blackberry in the pan. 


Use a metal mesh strainer to strain the blackberries. I used my handy dandy noodle maker which I love so much because obviously it has multiple uses! Toss the solids and keep the liquid which you should have about 1 cup of in the end. Start sauteing the onion and garlic and then add the blackberry juice, chipotle chilies, balsamic vinegar, and salt to the onions. Simmer in a skillet until contents thicken and reduce. 



When making this sauce I already had the idea of drizzling it over pan seared pork chops and it was beyond delicious! I highly recommend it. Enjoy.

xoxo.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK