Thursday, February 07, 2013

on cocoa crusted pork chops...



These Cocoa Crusted Pork Chops are amazing! At first I was wary when making these but my curiosity got the best of me. I was nervous that they were going to be too sweet but really it's the perfect combination of spicy and sweet flavors. Very quick to make and the end result has you going in for a round of seconds. Next time you have pork chops on your mind try this recipe out. If I could describe it in one word it would be delectable. I know! I swear the flavor on it's own is so tantalizing that just thinking about it makes my mouth salivate! I made these up with some twice baked potatoes which complimented the pork nicely. Enjoy! 

Ingredients: adapted from Paula Deen 
4- thin sliced pork chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400º 
1// In a mixing bowl combine all the spices. 
2// Rub pork chops evenly with the mixture. 
3// If you have a cast iron skillet use that to heat olive oil over stove. Add pork chops in hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes each side. 
4// Remove skillet with the pork chops still in it and put it right into the oven for another 10 minutes until they are fully cooked and let off some juices. 

xoxo.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK