Wednesday, September 17, 2014

changes and who I am



She believed she could, so she did

Welcome to so she did!

Why the new name change? It’s been a long time coming. I’m not the same person I was when I started Calico Tales and now that I’m so very close to starting a new chapter in my life I thought it was also time to do some changes here. I have about three months left of cosmetology school and then I’ll be diving head first into the career of my dreams . The hair industry is forever evolving and so I like to think that Calico Tales is just evolving into something greater. 

Blogging is so very dear to me and I just can't bring myself to say goodbye to this place and because I've felt like life has taken a hold of me I hope with a new identity I will be more inspired to be around more.  

I have a new vision for so she did. And it’s pretty exciting for me. I hope to brand so she did into something that can become part of my career. I still plan to post recipes and bits + pieces of my daily life with my fellas (how could I not!) however I hope to incorporate more about fashion and hair with tutorials and how to’s. Yay!

Since I’m here let me tell you a little of who I am at the moment…

// did I already say that I only have three months of school left! Ahhhh! So overwhelming to think about yet so very thrilling. It’s been an amazing journey and I’m so happy to be getting close to the end. I’m finally about to get out into the real world. It’s easy to be intimated by the end of beauty school and getting out on your own but for me it’s what keeps me going and pushing on. I have plans baby! and I’m ready to get my name out there! 

//living in Poulsbo has been great and I'm so happy to be living with and being around my father. He’s pretty awesome but I am looking forward to getting back to the other side. I miss all of our friends and even though our move back was a triumphant one, I still feel out of the loop. 

//Sebastian is a first grader! What the what! He’s a handful of sass lately however charming he is. He’s started PeeWee Tackle Football and is doing better than I thought he was. He enjoys going to practices and I’m proud of him for all the hard work he does. He’s a good kid. I think I’ll keep him. 

//hubby is forever working. And hard. He’s been a stay at home father and while working from home all to make me going to school easier for us. He’s pretty great and I appreciate all he does. He’s been playing around with the idea of starting a new business venture. He’s smart so I know he can do it! 

// can’t believe that with my graduation from cosmetology school in December it will also be the anniversary of our first year of living in Seattle. Crazy to think that we will have already been here a year. Time has really gone by in a flash, which, I’m not complain about. Sometimes that can be nice too! 

//all in all life has been a roller coaster ride. It’s a chore having to juggle a full time schedule of school with the traveling time, being a mother, a wife and doing all these little things in-between. It’s hard and I’ll be the first to admit it. Boy has it been a learning experience. I no longer take too much on at once. That used to be a really big burden on me. But now, if the laundry sits in the basket folded for a week then it does or if Sebastian’s football’s team moms ask for volunteers to make tacos for a taco night dinner I don’t volunteer because it’s simply impossible for me to do with everything else on my plate. And the best part is I don’t feel guilty about it. Amen. 

//I'm happy to experience a Seattle autumn. I can't wait to start up on making my pumpkin baked goods, seeing all the leaves change and finally being able to wear sweaters and scarves! 


Thanks for coming by! 

2 comments :

  1. perfect update! go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for hair advice!! You're a force of nature, Anita, and it's a pleasure to watch you grow!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK