Friday, March 13, 2015

who i am



I AM...


... pretty sure I know what you're thinking... DAMN, her hair is long. Just kidding. But seriously, it's growing! It's so hard though. I struggle with it everyday. I have been making a point to document the process through photos. It's been pretty divided, some people believe I'll go all the way and grow it out and others, like my family, don't think I'll make it. Honestly, if I've made it this long I believe, no I know, I will! Most people ask how long I'm growing it out to and my answer, as long as I can. May the odds be ever in my favor!

... loving my new home, Zero Zero Hair on Capital Hill. It's an awesome salon and I feel like I've really bonded with all the talented stylist there. It's exciting for me to know that I have found a place that I can be myself and where I am surrounded by like-minded people in a city full of rad human beings.

...not ashamed to say that I recently saw the movie The Fault in Our Stars and cried like a baby or worse. It was the most I've ever cried during a movie and it wasn't pretty. I was curled up on the couch and couldn't help but bury myself under my blankets when the water works started happening so that I didn't alarm my family. Such a fantastic movie. So well made and I fell hardcore for Ansel Elgort. But really both him and Shanilene Woodley were perfect for the role. I couldn't stand how much I loved it so I went out and bought the book!

... a busy lady. I just did a fun photoshoot for the students at Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy in Seattle. Loved seeing familiar faces and loved being in a familiar place. The academy was such a huge part of my life and I can't help feel overjoying emotions whenever I go back. It was fun for me because I got to play a different role and instead of doing the hair I was behind the lens.
I'll be a part of two other photoshoot this month. Ones that I will be doing hair instead of behind the lens and those I am super excited about! One of them will be with my mentor from the salon and another with a dear friend of mine who is a photographer and ask me to style her models. Yay!

... happy for daylight savings. It's aways rough in the beginning because we all can't seem to go to bed at a decent time and then we're left wondering why it's so dark in the morning and can barely get up. It effects Sebastian the most. But we're all over it and enjoying the sun being out in the evening. Our windows are opening until the sun goes down and the house is filled with sweet notes of the early blooming flowers in the air. Love that!

... starting to really realize that my heart and soul belong in the city. Since working in downtown Seattle I've come to really enjoy walking the streets along side tall building, passing by all kinds of different people, and looking at all that there is to see. Not to mention the loads of people I am meeting since working in the city. Fun!

... appreciating the people who are in my life that take the time to believe in me and encourage me. It's such a good feeling to have a village of loved ones that care.

... dreaming of the day when we find that perfect house with a perfect kitchen, with a perfect sized garage and yard, and in a perfect school district. It's hard to find perfect but I'm thankful that we are in a situation where we can take our time in looking and have a chance to find our perfect. It's a tough market right now for buyers. We have found a few houses that were pretty close to being perfect but they slipped out of our fingers. I never would have thought it would be this much work! It's hard when you go view a home and fall in love with it to then get told that it sold two hours after we saw it. Crazy! But I know the perfect one will show itself to us. Hopefully soon because I'm impatient.

... so glad that I forced myself to start House Of Cards on Netflix. I was in a slump when it came to watching shows and it was a show that I had no intention to try watching. But I did and of course I'm at the point of binge-watching the hell out of it. Kevin Spacey is evil and I love it. Politics are not my jam and I will confess I've learned quite a few things from watching this show. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing! I'm just about to start season two. Have you seen it?

...learning a lot. In about a hundred million different ways.

...looking forward to a mini-vacation to Portland, Oregon during Sebastian's spring break from school. We're going to Airbnb it and have an adventure. I found the coolest house and I just know Sebastian is going to flip! I can hardly wait to explore a new place. If you have an recommendation of places to visit, places to eat and just over all things to share, please do!!

...thankful for all the inspiration that the world holds that is constantly opening my eyes to the fact that there is so much to live for. Thankful for music that keeps me focused, for all the brilliant people who write brilliant books. Thankful that we've been lucky with two Friday the 13th's! Boy oh boy! I love that luck! Thankful for a little sister who even though I don't get to see too often is starting to really get her life on track and I'm proud of her for it. Thankful for a healthy boy and a supportive husband! Amem.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK