Thursday, July 22, 2010

on a girl with a dragon tattoo...

Guess what I finally watched. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Outstanding. I really was on the edge of my seat even though I've already read the book and knew the events. But still. I just had no idea it would be that good. The movie had subtitles but didn't really distract me from the experience. I thought the elaborate photo montages that the director told were much more entertaining than long wordy explanations. I enjoyed that very much.
The characters by far were pretty much great. Noomi Rapace played Lisbeth Salander. Amazing is the word really. I thought she did the look fabulously. I do think that the weirdness of Salander in the book wasn't done up has much. The "book" Salander was more awkward and sullen with her body language. The actor named Michael Nyqvist was Michael Blomkvist in the movie and he was alright. While I read the books I pictured Blomkvist to be more attractive with his looks but in the movie I felt Blomkvist was attractive in his own way, however more with his personality. The only real disappointment was Erika Berger. The book has her playing a big role in Blomkvists life, a love interest. She is beautiful and energetic. The actress who played Erika was nothing like that. More like a clingy complaning co-worker.
This movie most definitly does not shy away from displaying rape & torture. Some parts for me were even painful to watch.
All in all, I would recommend this movie to people that have read the book. I personally don't know if people that haven't read the book would understand this movie fully. And that would just be a sin. Read the book, then watch the movie. Also now that I've seen this movie I'm not so sure we need an American adaptation. But it would be very curious!
Oh, Lisbeth and I are BFF!


Here is what we had for dinner...

Remember these? Not even sure what their called. I guess a panini press. Well, a really really old school one. That there is Bobby's ham & cheese sandwich, that he said was scrumptious.

Here's my fabulous creation pre toasting. Mozzarella, cherry tomato, basil & balsamic vinegarette. On a nice crusty rosemary & oil oil bread.
Yummy!

♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK