Thursday, March 01, 2012

on some recent projects...

Lately posts have been a little scarce around here. Well, I've been busy alright! Last weekend we threw my mother in law a surprise 50th birthday bash. My sister in laws and I were planning this secret for two and a half weeks and through out that time my anxiety was spiking! I get like that when planning events. I'm really great at party planning or planning anything for that matter but I do tend to stress out a wee bit. Anyways, I was off doing all sorts of things and actually I handmade the invites for this shindig!
I handmade 25 of these bad boys and I was pretty happy how they turned out. The party was a nice size too and the best part about the all of it was that we had the party right in her own house! HA. If you don't think that is talent then I don't know what is...and she had no idea what so ever. You should of seen her face :) It was a success and I was so happy be a part of it. 


Another project, as slow as it is going, is my chevron afghan that I've been crocheting. With planning the party I put this project on the back burner and so now I'm hoping to nip this thing in the butt and go all crazy. 
This is what I've got so far. I will show you the finished product in about a year. Just kidding. I really love the colors! Don't you?! What sort of crafty things are you working on? Get out there and make something. 
♥A.

1 comment :

  1. I am very thankful to have all of you as my Family! the Party was wonderful, fun, and a big surprise to me!! ( which is not easy to do, I don't miss a trick!) Loved the invitations, very pretty, the food was amazing, the house decorated with that ugly number 5 0 all over, surrounded my family and friends, what else could a lady over the hill ask for!!
    Much Love MIL

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK