Monday, September 09, 2013

on an asian ginger dressing...


I had to share this super simple Asian Ginger dressing that I've been obsessing over lately. I was first introduced to it via my mother in law and ever since I've been making it. I love it because it's light yet full of flavor! I enjoy drizzling it on a simple green salad or you can even dice up a whole cucumber and soak it in about 1/2 of this dressing to have as a side at the dinner table. The fun thing about this dressing is you can play around with how you make it. For example, I ended up putting more ginger into mine after I used the recipe below. I adore ginger and wanted that flavor to be more intense. You can go lighter on the vinegar and heavier on the honey if you like sweet dressings or vise versa if you like them a bit tangy. Try it out! Here's how I made mine...

Ingredients:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar 
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil

Combine all the ingredients into an air tight container and shake it to mix everything together. Store in the fridge. Dressing will separate so every time you take it out of the fridge give it a quick shake, shake!  

Enjoy.

2 comments :

  1. This sounds delicious! I will definitely have to try it sometime. I love salad dressings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anita! I am doing a series on my blog called "Inspires Me" and I have chosen you for this week. You have inspired me greatly and I wanted to feature you in a blog post. If you are interested, here is the link to the blog post:
    http://barefootinbluejeans2011.blogspot.com/2013/09/inspires-me_21.html

    Enjoy!
    ~Courtney from Barefoot in Blue Jeans

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK