Friday, January 09, 2015

on who I am



I am...

... feeling nostalgic of the past couple week where I got to spend some real quality time with my little boy. I was hard for me to be away for so many hours during the time I was at school so while he was on winter break from school we did a lot of catching up. Mostly all the cuddling, movie watching, adventuring and talking we did, along with just the motherly things that mothers do really made my soul happy. Waking up in the morning to make him breakfast followed by snuggles on the couch to watch morning cartoons. It was all so very needed. Now that he's back to school I can't help but feel excited to put him on the bus in the morning and then greet him when he gets home to tell me all his stories of the day. 

... excited for the next step in my journey as a hair stylist. For months I had a certain salon in mind and unfortunately it turned out not to be the right place for me. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, only because I've really come to terms with the fact that everything happens for a reason. I'm pretty proud of myself to be able to think this way at my age and that it comes easy for me. Honestly, I just don't have time for people, places or things that want to bring me down. Nor should I. Just this week I ventured onto the other side of the water into the great city of Seattle to hand out resumes and network with salons that I see myself calling home. It went really well! It really opened up my eyes to the fact that you really have to put yourself out there in this industry. Like really put yourself out there. In reality, it's basically like I'm selling myself to these salons. I mean, it's that way in general when you are job seeking but in the hair industry it's all talk and personality. Annnnnnyway, I handed out a stack of resumes and already had an interview with a salon that I can totally see myself working at even if it's not the place I'm dreaming of exactly. But we all have to start somewhere. Like Vincent Van Gogh once said "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."

...having an extreme case of wanderlust. I've been dreaming of a trip to Portland, Oregon. It's calling to me. 

...and have been nesting like a pregnant lady since I've been home. No joke. I've mostly done everything that can possibly be done. Organized, cleaned and done all that my OCD self could. It's come to the point where I have nothing in that regard to do. Usually I have a hard time sitting down to do anything leisurely until I've done something productive. It's the way I work. Otherwise, whatever I sit down to do I can't because I have this overwhelming gilt that I should be doing that other thing. You see, it's a problem. It's all to do with me being home. The struggle is real. 

... thinking a lot about friendships lately. Lost friendship because of either distance or because of personal growth. Either way I can't help but think about where they are or who they are and that I hope they are happy. I crave for new friendships, new experiences and new traditions. 

... anxious for all things I want to do in this life. It's exhausting, and at times depressing to think about all these things I want to do. Sometime I feel like I'm an alien. Do other people get overwhelmed by the thoughts in there head or get stressed with thinking that I might not get around to doing something that I absolutely would love to do, like write and publish a novel. Well, I'm an alien of my own mind. So there's that. 

... dreaming of the day we buy our first home and all the feelings that will come along with it. 

...loving this January blog wallpaper for your computers desktop. It's great, download it! This copper pipe hanging rack found on A Beautiful Mess. I've bookmarked it for future project for our future home. Loving my free 7 day trial of Oyster Books. I downloaded the app on my phone! I am loving my new planner and blog notebook I bought at Target. Let's just say a little hurrah! to all the greatness the Target brings to our lives. Amen. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK