Sunday, April 25, 2010

on the weekend...

My weekend started out a little rocky. I woke up Saturday with a mad sore throat which I absolutley hate. No matter I woke up did the rest of the cleaning and then just lounged around all morning and early afternoon. Bobby was down the shop doing things on the Volvo and didn't get back home until 1ish. At that point we packed ourselves up and headed downtown. I love going downtown. I love all the little shops & bars plus I just love the people. So many and so many varieties. The only thing I hate about downtown is parking. I feel like whenever we go down the big part of our stay is just searching for parking. We always try to find street parking since lot parking is super pricey. But I'm not sure if it's even worth the aggrevation.
We first started going to the playground by Brittany's place. It's what I would call a new age sort of playground for more of the older kids but doesn't really matter because Sebastian tries everything. We had fun together :)



By the time we were finished at the playground it was time to find some grub. I didn't have to ask Bobby twice about what he wanted to grab down there for everytime we go for some odd reason he always is in the mood for Potbelly, which is sort of like a Panera. He naturally got a Chicken Salad Sandwich. I however found a cute little vegetarian shop called Maoz. I got a homemade baked pita bread filled with homemade Falafel balls which are amazing and made out of chickpeas! Then you get to fill the pita full of whatever you like in the salad bar that they provide. It was the best thing ever and am sad that the only locations are downtown. I couldn't finish the whole pita so I'm excited for tomorrow after work since that will be my snack once I get home :)

After dinner we walked around for a bit looking in windows and I got a tea for my throat. The weather was fine for most the time but then it felt like the tempature dropped very fast and we ended up walking back to the car. We took the car to scope out a frozen yogurt shop that I've been wanting to go to called Sweet Endings. This was another self serve shop with tons of flavors, some super weird ones too like Black Sesame and Cream Cheese. Bobby got Peanut Butter with Chocolate and I Green Tea. It was pretty good but from some reason I liked the Lemon Tree back in Florida better, I guess it depends on the brand of yogurt.

After frozen yogurt we went over to Brittany's place to hang out and visit. She is awesome and Sebastian loves playing around with her. They are goofballs together and I enjoy Sebastian's excitement.

On our way home we stopped to get me some Pho vegetable soup. I started to again feel crappy with my throat on fire but dry at the same time. I don't know how those little Vietnamese people make this delicious soup but all I know is that it makes me feel better.

Today was food shopping/family day. We heading down to Warminster to spend the evening with my Schuler family to celebrate Nicole's Birthday once again, this time with cake!
Bobby and I have decided that we are going to be doing our big load of food shopping on Sundays down by the inlaws at Wegmans. I love that store. It has a great selection of Organic and non-Organic things which is up my ally. I think their produce is much more wholesome and stays fresh longer. They have a great Mediteranian bar with all sorts of things but I always enjoy the fresh Hummus and Babaganoush, yummmmm. The best part is that today we spend the best $160 ever with tons of goodies that I can't wait to eat :) So, Wegmans satisfies me in everyway.

I can't believe the weekend is over yet again. I feel like this week will be a little more mellow since I've caught up with most everything. Hooray!
How was your weekend?

♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK