Wednesday, June 30, 2010

on a new day...

Today was a new day. A new breath of fresh air.

Last night at midnight Eclipse was watched by millions if not billions of people. I was not one of that billion. Of course it came out on one of the weeks that Bobby has to work nights so it was hardly possible for me to see the midnight showing. Contrary to reason, I could of found a way but it being a work night wasn't the best idea. I'm an old lady for christ sake!! I most likely won't be able to get to see the movie until Thursday of next week which saddens me but nothing I can do. I've heard great things so far especially can't wait for Taylor's Never-Get-Old-Abs :)

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS! Part 1 comes out November 19th. Part 2 comes out July 15th 2011. Geeking out still at 21?? Is that okay? I DON'T CARE! It's basically the best ever that they are splitting up the movie, a dream come true for me. I know when I was reading the book for the first time that I didn't want it to end so I stretched the book out for a couple weeks of great reading. (Click here to view the trailer). Another lovie, can't wait :)

I finally received my Kindle pouch in the mail today. It came all the way from Thailand so it took a good week and a half. It was very neatly packaged and it hurt me to have to rip it apart!
Now I can allow myself to travel with my Kindle. I was much too nervious to do it before.


Tonight I decided that I wanted to bake but then also decided that I shouldn't use the oven since the AC was running all day. Sooooo I made Nutty No Bake Cookies. I know, I'm a genius. These I surely will be making many more times this summer. Firstly they are so easy and secondly they are about the most scrumptious cookie ever!
Here's how to go about making these delights--

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
 3 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
3 cups oats
1/2 cup (chunky) peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
 1/4 cup of your favorite chopped nuts (I used almonds)

In a large sauce pan, over low heat mix together sugar, cocoa, milk and butter until well combined. Bring to a rapid boil and maintain at a low boil for 4-5 minutes. You want it to boil for exactly 5 minutes. This is what makes them stick together and solidify. If you under cook them they will not harden enough (but just put them in the freezer for a little bit for an easy save) if you over cook them they will be too dry and crumbly and not form cookies-so watch out for that. After 4-5 minutes of boiling, remove pan from heat and quickly stir in vanilla and peanut butter. Once the peanut butter has mostly melted into the batter stir in oats and nuts. Spoon onto wax or parchment paper and allow to set up for 8-10 minutes. This will make 12-15 spoonful size cookies.

Try it :)

Lastly, I would like to thank every single person who has reached out to me about my last post. If you know me the subject at hand can get me all steamy. My very own Achilles Heel. I do see that there is no need to justify anything at all. I live a wholesome life and am happy for that. I've been doing great without any negative energy bringing me down and I will forever strive for it to stay that way. On the flip side I also see that I am the one that made the choice to live my life "out loud". Agreed & no regrets. Now lets do a hot dog fold, then hamburger fold, hot dog fold once more, than fold into a paper airplane, then throw into a gust of wind outside to let it set flight to a far far off place. And there it will stay.
I love the people I have in my life. For without you I would have no worth ;)

♥A.

1 comment :

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK