Wednesday, June 16, 2010

on a whole bunch of stuff...

Basically I've been doing so much. Cleaning, organizing, thinking, planning, playing and being a bum! I won't lie when I say this little break from work is doing me wonders. I am able to spend some real quaility time with Bobby & Sebastian, time that I was really missing. I've actually been able to take Sebastian on nice long walks and go to the playground instead of feeling rushed at the park to get home and cook dinner, clean, fold clothes, give 'Bastian a bath, shower myself and get things ready for the next day...repeat x5. Pretty sure there is more but I think you get the idea. It's just been nice. Sure it's not ideal that I'm not getting paid for these couple weeks but I don't care because we're not starving and I'm happy being able to see my son's smiling face everyday and kiss my man on his way out to work.
However, tomorrow I will be heading in for a few hours setting the shop back up to the way I like it. But none the less it will be great to get back behind the counter and give my fine customers back their much needed fix every morning starting Friday! Plus I've missed the coffee myself!!

This weekend we ended up borrowing the inlaws house. Yes. You heard me right. I've been planning to make a birthday dinner for Bobby which is pretty much a tradition with the Schuler family and is usually admistered by Mrs. Schuler. But I thought that I should finally take over Bobby's Birthday dinner. Anyways...this birthday dinner was going to be held at our place and would just been the immediate family. First because our apartment is small and secondly I didn't really want to cook for an army of people inside my dinky little kitchen. Then the mother-inlaw suggested we just have the dinner at their house since the weather is suppose to be hot & hummid and this way we can be outside and enjoy the pool. I thought that was a grand idea. We slept over Saturday night. Had the little bash on Sunday. Now that the get together was at a house and not our little apartment we started to invite more people. Bobby's aunt Cheryl and her family came plus Bobby's grandfather. Aaaaand Bobby invited a few friends. In the end I did feed an army :) With the help of some of the Schuler women. It went well and everyone had a nice time! We just might have to borrow the house more often. Why even buy a house for ourselves?!?

Some other lovies...

I've been vegetarian for a little less than 2 months now! It's fantastic and I'm loving everything about it. It's great opening people up to the many different things you can make and create out of all the yummy vegetables, beans and pastas out there. I am what I like to call a "foodie". Sure I enjoy eating the food but creating and making it is even better. A sort of hobby if you will. I will of course share more of the magnificent reciepes with you soon!

For all the people in Seattle I'm sorry to say that we are not going to come out to visit this summer. The original plans were that we would come out for a weeks visit in the begining of July before Sebastian turned 2 (so we don't have to pay for a seat on the plane one last time!) but we are feeling that with me not working these past couple weeks and how fast time is going (it's mid June aready!) that we are just not prepared to do it. The trade off is, and you will be happy to hear that we are going to 100% come out next summer and spend 2 full weeks with all you fine people. It sucks but I've come to terms with it because I myself don't feel like I am ready to see a certain someone just yet. This way I will have time to cool down and balance my feelings.

Only 14 days remaining until Eclipse is in theaters! I am beyond excited. Can't wait to see it. I ended up reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella and it wasn't all that great. It was alright and I had to read it because I was so curious about it. It was definately short because I read it in a couple hours but I really didn't have any interest in Bree and the newbie vamps at all. The best part of the book was the end when the Cullans killed off all the newbies :) sorry if that is morbid but hey, I like my Cullans!

Also I'm giddy about Toy Story 3 and naturely we are taking Sebastian to see it this weekend. He has aquried a very vast varitiy of Toy Story clothing and toys and even some Toy Story sandals we picked out yesterday! Which I wish they made adult size for I would totally rock them! Don't judge.

Have I told you that I religiously get my eyebrows Threaded. I used to get them waxed every couple weeks (I am european and they do grow fast and If I don't keep up with them I would soon resemble Michael J. Fox in Teen Wolf) until I discovered a little booth in the mall that I work in. They pluck your eyebrows with yes, sewing thread. Don't ask me how the tiny Indian girl does it, all I know is that the shape turns out beautiful and is extremely long lasting! Also I was told by this tiny girl that this process that they use is less harmful compared to waxing. Go try it I highly recommend it.

I'm absolutley sadend that all my tv shows are over. Though, I will have alot more time during the week, more time to put into my blog and the list of must reads for the summer. True Blood Season 3 Episode 1 was on Sunday, however I didn't see it. Why? Because I don't have HBO. Let alone every other channel. Of course I had to find some other way to watch this episode and all the others because there is no way no how I will wait until the end of summer for the season to come out on dvd. So, my plan of action was to bribe one of Bobby's computer nerd friends to find me True Blood and burn it :) Bribe was food. And it worked. Bobby's friend came over, I fed the friend and in the end I got to watch my beloved show. I will positively be doing this every week...I have to don't you understand. It's just food.
I also came across a new show on ABC Family called Pretty Little Liars that I am going to follow. There has only been two episode so far and I am hooked with all sorts of questions that I need answered very soon. This show I have also watched online because again I don't have the channel, thank god for Hulu.com. 
What sort of shows are you watching? Anything new that I don't know about?

As for reading I have started to re-read the Blue Blood Series by Melissa de la Cruz  since the 5th book is coming out in 2 weeks. If you haven't heard of this particular series it's pretty much Gossip Girl with vampires! Dude, you already know I have a vamp obscession!
Remember way back when I was complaining about Lover Mine by J.R Ward not being available for Kindle well I finally received it and read it in about 2 days :) Best book ever! Can't wait for the next one.
What are you reading? Anything good I should try out?, drop me a line!

We still need a new couch. Our old one is a piece of crap and we desperately need to replace it. I didn't really want to buy anything new because what's the point...we have a 2 year old kid. I've been trying to scope something out on craigslist but no luck there. Reason being is that we live in an old victorian house and the doorways are much too short and so not wide enough for a normal couch. Very irritating if you ask me. So now we are trying to see if we can find something new, that will fit and that we like. Ughhh! If you would like to help or have any suggestions, I would love it hear them. Thanks!

Well, I'm done giving the daily dose of Anita. It's back to work for me tomorrow & daycare for Sebastian!
♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK