Wednesday, September 08, 2010

on some things I've learned...

Not sure why but ever since I've turned twenty-two I've been taking an inventory of things I've learn in the past couple of years. There are many things that you think you may know but you don't really truly learn anything until you experience it first hand. Does that make sense. I don't know. It did at the time in my head. Here are some things that I have truly learned..

...I've learned that it's okay to be wrong. Mistakes are going to happen in life. I strongly believe mistakes can do a lot of good and that they aren't so bad all the time. They can be such a great learning experience. Although you must "see" the mistake at hand to put it do good use. Otherwise it's just negative matter.

...letting go can at times be the best for everyone. I've in the past been a guardian of sorts. I feel like if you think that the energy that you put into helping others or being there for others is straining on your heart & soul then it might not be worth it. However, I don't regret caring too much because deep down I know that I did what ever I could do and in the end it might not be up to me to help change or keep someone on the right track. Same with a situation where you don't think a person is doing the right thing or you might believe they make very bad decisions in life, I've learn you have to just let the Universe take over. Not everything is on your shoulders to bear. This has been a very hard lesson for me too learn, probably out of all of them.  Letting go is the surest way of helping yourself.

...mean people are people that aren't happy. People that are overly mean or strive to be negative are I feel, people that are truly unfulfilled in life. I try to stay away from this with the best of my ability.

...never let anyone make you feel like you bad about the things you have done in life or the choices you have made. I hate when people question me when they see Sebastian"s foot print on my wrist. You'd be surprise at the questioning looks I get from people thinking I am too young to have a child. Or when I tell people that I've never went to college. I think people are very uncomfortable with things that aren't norm. Just like piercings or tattoos. People who are judgmental about that sort of thing, they are simply uncomfortable around the look. Your choices are yours and only yours. Your life is only yours. It's what you make it to be and no one can tell you otherwise. Best to hold your head up high!

...to each his own. Not everyone's happiness is the same. My happiness is most likely not yours. I think a lot of people don't realize this. My happiness is the everyday. I love just being a little family and doing things that we love. We aren't rich and famous or own a mansion of sorts, our life isn't complex or complicated. We seek to make this life of ours just the way we want, simple & happy. Do what makes you happy and not what others think will make you happy. I know plenty of people that do things because it will make their parents happy. Or their friends. Follow your own happiness even if it takes a few try's.

...I've learned in the past two years that parenthood is unexpected. Not all cute, fun and blissful. It's not. And if your telling yourself anything else you are in for a rude awakening. It simply is not all sunshine and roses. It's hard work. Work that is physical and emotional. But in the end it's so worth it all and to think that this little being will grow up to be something great is the best feeling in the world. I love every minute of all the hardships just as much as all the joys that it brings!

...partnership is an amazing thing. I have realized this more since we've had Sebastian. Having a child together has been definitely the greatest test ever and I feel like with our team work we have done miracles. Every bump in the road that I face with work or life I face with Bobby. I am never alone. I have learned that I am blessed beyond words to have such an amazing person to stand side by side with :)

...I've determined that at this point in my life I am going to go all out and do whatever I have to achieve my dreams. Yes, I have those. There is so many great ambitious things I want to get done in this life time. Instead of saying "I can't" or "I'll never get to do that" deep down I know I shouldn't say those types of things and so I've learned to only think the best of everything and SHOOT FOR THE STARS.

This list is just a few of what I've learned. It's a list that can obviously be never ending because I am learning new things about this world and about myself everyday. It's a marvelous entity, don't ya think?

What have you learn lately? Do share?
♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK