Tuesday, November 22, 2011

on chewy mint chocolate chip cookies...

A new discovery! I've seen lots of baking chips in my day but yet to come across these mint chocolate chips.. Mint is on my top list along with Hershey's Cinnamon baking chips. Yummy! Having all these fun baking chips around are nice to jazz up your everyday chocolate chip cookies. My boys like their cookies to be soft and chewy and my favorite recipe is one that I found many years ago on Martha Stewart. 


Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chip or any baking chip your heart desires!


It's an easy recipe and with this your get a good two dozen cookies. Plenty for the my boys and a wee bit to share with the family :) 
First I always just start up my oven to 350. In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredient--flour & baking soda; set that aside. In a bigger bowl add the butter and both sugars together. Either use an electric mixer or your kitchen aid like me and beat butter & sugars together until it gets light & fluffy. Slow the blender down and start adding salt, vanilla and eggs. Mix it well. Then start adding flour slowly until all is combined. Last add those chocolate chip gems to the dough and your set! Plop tablespoon sizes of dough on to a greased cookie sheet. 
Bake them until the edges are golden brown and soft in the middle. About 8 minutes. Let them cool but not too much because we all know warm cookies with milk or soy milk in my case are heavenly :) Happy baking!!
♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK