Wednesday, November 09, 2011

on pot-pourri...

During the Holidays I love candles! All the warm delicious scents that make your house all cozy. This past weekend I killed my last pumpkin spice candle. Ahhh tragedy strikes again. Here is a little trick to make lovely, and what I like to call, pot-pourri. It's easy and most of the ingredients are right in your kitchen! First you will need some orange peels, cinnamon, cloves & a pot of water.
All you do is peel some oranges (I used about four in my medium sized pot) and then add the rest of the ingredients into the pot of water. For my medium pot I used about 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, now if you have cinnamon sticks they would work even better (just didn't have any handy this time) and about a bunch of cloves. Toss everything in the pot, give it a stir & boil. Once the water starts to boil is when you will notice the fragrance of all the ingredients taking over your house. After it comes to a boil just turn the burner down to a simmer and let all this simmer for as long as you like. Ta-Da!
I did this yesterday before I started on my to-do list of cleaning and organizing and I will not lie to you it gave me an extra skip in my step as I was bustling around the place doing this & that. You can even get creative with it. I know I'll be picking up some cinnamon sticks and even some vanilla sticks to add in there. The best part is when your through just leave everything in the pot and use for another day. I like to do all this in a pot that I know I won't be using in the next couple days. A word of caution though, always make sure there is plenty of water in the pot because eventually water does evaporate and then you'll have burn crisp orange peels :)
It's a wonderful way to greet guest when you have your holiday parties this season :) Thanksgiving is only 15 days away!!

♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK