Sunday, December 21, 2014

curried chickpea salad




I love chickpeas! And I love curry. Combine the two and magic happens. Lately, since I've been home more often, I've been wanting to make a quick lunch that is simple yet tasty. I made enough to be able to store it in my fridge for a couple more lunches this week. It's a perfect combination of flavor and texture and you can eat it so many different ways.



Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas
1 stick celery, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
2 tablespoons mayo, tahini or hummus
1/2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Directions:
In a small bowl mash chickpea. I simply used a fork. Add in chopped celery, green onion and carrot. Mix in binder, I used tahini but you can use mayo or hummus. It's a little just to help hold everything together. Lastly, stir in the curry and vinegar.




I made a sandwich using the curried chickpea salad topped with spring greens, tomato and cucumber. This salad would be great as a dip with crackers or served with cut up green peppers or pita.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK