Wednesday, December 17, 2014

a dream


A year ago going to cosmetology school was just a dream. I've had the same dream for quite some time. Once I started at Toni & Guy that dream of going to cosmetology school was finally achieved. I still remember my first month of going and how starry-eyed I was with all that was coming together. It was a great feeling. Days, weeks, months went by with the same feeling of happiness of finally being able to pursue my dream. 

It was a lot of hard work. The traveling got to me from time to time with the long journey I had to make each day to and from school but it never brought me down. I aimed to learn all I could learn and never let fear get in my way. 

Friday was my last day. It was bittersweet. I couldn't help but walk in the doors of Toni & Guy Seattle Academy, at 7:30am, and just look at everything. It was my home for ten months. I came early everyday and hung out with a village of mostly younger people, some who I had absolutely nothing in common with other than the fact that we were at the same school learning the same things and others who I ended up creating a serious bond with. The group of diverse instructors who taught me literally all I know became my idols. 
I couldn't help but go through my day telling myself, "this is my last shampoo here", "this is my last haircut here".  And at the very end of my time the hardest part of it all was saying goodbye to my regular clients. Nancy, who I've been seeing twice a week for months become a special friend who I had meaningful conversations with. Then there was the fact that my little sister was the one of the front desk girls and being able to see her on a daily basis was beautiful blessing in disguise.

Since then I've gone through my practical and written testing in order to receive my license and let me tell you, I hands down haven't felt this confident or overwhelmed with pride with anything else I've done in this life. Both tests were a breeze and I couldn't help walking out of them with a huge smile on my face. I can thank my education and my passion for that! 

Here's to accomplishing a huge dream and not letting anything stand in my way! 


1 comment :

  1. I'm so excited for you, Anita! You have a wonderful and satisfying career ahead of you that I just know you'll flourish at. Can't wait to watch things unfold in the months to come!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK