Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone! All is merry & bright at our house. I'm probably wearing leggings and a huge sweater as we speak and most likely stuffing my face with a yummy poppyseed roll my mom baked last night. Sebastian woke up as excited as ever which warms my heart beyond belief. It's funny how children really make this time of year so magical. Before I had Sebastian my feelings towards Christmas weren't as warm. Just ask the people around me during that gloom of my life. I hated Christmas music and movies and all that come along with Christmas. But now that Sebastian's been around for quite a few years things have changed for the good. I love all those things and more. 

This year seems to be the first year that Sebastian is really truly believing in the magic of Christmas. He's never been this excited about all the details of Christmas. We had to answer lots of questions this year and our elf-on-the-shelf, Jack, was the most talked about critter in our house this year. Tonight is the big night in our house. Our tradition is that we open presents on Christmas Eve! You know what's the best part of it all? Seeing Sebastian's face light up when his eyes land on all his gifts under the tree. That's worth existing on this universe! 

Christmas is really all about family. I hope everyone has the chance to be around the ones they love the most, people who make you feel happy, make you laugh and allow you to be yourself around. I hope you get to eat good food, listen to festive music and make memories. I leave you to your merrymaking and share this poem that made me thankful for having this joyous Holiday in our lives! 

Recipe for Christmas All Year Long
Take a heap of child-like wonder
That opens up our eyes
To the unexpected gifts in life—
Each day a sweet surprise.
Mix in fond appreciation
For the people whom we know;
Like festive Christmas candles,
Each one has a special glow.
Add some giggles and some laughter,
A dash of Christmas food,
Stir it all with human kindness;
Wrap it up in love and peace,
Decorate with optimism, and
Our joy will never cease.
If we use this healthy recipe,
We know we will remember
To be in the Christmas spirit,
Even when it's not December.
By Joanna Fuchs

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK