Friday, April 08, 2011

our love story...



Everyone has there own love story and this is ours! Not an ordinary story and I always beam when telling the tale of how we came to be together. 

It all began back in Seattle. The good 'ol Northwest is my true home.  Bobby and I bumped into each other accidentally via the world wide web. And I say accidentally because NO, we weren't trying to find love online. No Eharmony type of sites were involved.

When we first started talking it was just get to know you sort of chit chat. In the beginning it never really was romantic. As time went on we just started falling for each other. Nothing more to say. That's how it happened. It started on the computer screen & then we picked up the phone and dialed each others number. After a while we were inseparable.

Yeah, it wasn't ideal. I thought to myself all the time that it was crazy and if I truly thought we would ever be together. Come on, we lived across the country from each other. But being me I was head strong about how I felt and really didn't care what anyone had to say about it. What's new?! After a while it was obvious the way we felt for each other and it was time to do something about it. 
My dad was very aware of my little romance with Bobby since we've always been close so for my birthday he had bought me a ticket to Philadelphia to actually meet Bobby for the first time. I never in a million years would of ever though my dad would do that for me. That's when my dad's true colors shone the most in my eyes. He supposed and trusted me. If you know my dad he is very old-fashioned and protective and for him to do that for me was something I will never forget. So there I was hopping on a plane to jet to Philadelphia to a state I've never been, to a place were I knew no one but Bobby who I have NEVER actually met. Phew! Are you calling me crazy yet? Shenanigans I tell you!!

Bobby and I literally slammed into each other at the Philadelphia National Airport hearts racing and so in love. Love at first sight really does exist. I don't care what anyone says. I spent about a week out there with him doing lots of fun things and even met his family. Up until then that was the most amazing experience I've ever had.

Our time was up and I had to catch a plane back to home. Worst pain ever. I was heart broken. I was so happy in the short amount of time that I just did not want it to end and so I went home. My heart was crushed.

After a while I made the hardest decision of my life. I was moving to Philadelphia!!! I remember I told Tanya my bestest friend in the whole wide world first about my decision and then my sister. The decision was hard but for me it's all about living a life I want. And that's what I wanted so I just went for it knowing that if it didn't work out I'd just come back home.  

Next, Bobby bought a one way ticket to Seattle to meet my dad right after Thanksgiving 2006. The plan was for him to spend a couple weeks with me and my family and we were to pack my tiny 1988 Volkswagen Golf up with all my belonging and drive to across the country to my new home, Philadelphia.

I left everything familiar behind. Everyone that I loved and everything that I knew behind to be with him. We stuffed the back of my tiny car with all my things that were precious to me and headed on our trip. We were on the road for four days with only one night of rest at a hotel. I hated it and never want to do it again. I'm serious. It felt like forever and it was so tiring. I remember we finally hit Pennsylvania about 3am on the fourth day and I was almost in tears.

We stayed with Bobby's family until we were able to find ourselves an apartment and then from there on we flourished :) And here we are now with a  4 year old little boy, married and living a simple happy life. That's our whimsical love story. Thanks for reading!

xoxo. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK