Sunday, April 10, 2011

on our Sunday (not so fun day)...

Today started out rocky. A migraine hit my like a title wave! Not fun. It started out being a tension headache which I woke up with in the morning. I seem to be carrying too much tension in my body while sleeping. It's something that I just don't notice I am doing and in the end creates a rough headache. This being said I will most likely be seeing the doctor about because it's happening more and more. Boohoo. The day started out slow do to my not feeling well. But eventually I picked my sunken self up off the couch told my boys we were off to the mall. 
JcPenny's was top priority. After having Sebastian try on his suit for the wedding last night and finding out that 3T was not big enough I was almost having a panic attack. I told myself yesterday that I don't care what we do that today we had to go make a quick trip to Penny's to exchange. Hmmmm, now that I'm thinking about it maybe this was why the tension was created! I was very nervous about all this because Sebastian suit was pure perfection and just what I wanted that I just couldn't help think what if they don't have anymore! I know, I am such a negative Nancy. Hey, I tend to have bad luck with this sort of thing. 
We got to Penny's and the boys wondered around while I bee-lined to the store. I think I might have even bumped into a wee little child on this very important mission, whoops. I basically was in a run to the rack where I found the suit before. Low and behold there was one suit left. Purple. Size...wait for it...4T!!! I seriously, no joke, jumped up and did a heel click in joy. Boy, today was my lucky day. I think it was the universe giving me a break for what felt like a tumor growing in my brain. Thank. You. God. 

I cooked dinner with a some help :D Eggplant with Ravioli stuff with Mushrooms. Yumm. 



You like this action shot?! Yup, flour everywhere after that one...
Dinner looked like this...



In between dinner Bobby and I did an overload of purchases off Etsy :) For the wedding naturally. Then I whipped us up some dessert.
Warm Berries 'n' Dumplings. 




As you may know I am not a huge fan of fruit, let alone berries. But I hold a special place in my heart, errr, stomach for this delight. It's super yummy. The dumplings are made from buttermilk and it's the best right off the stove while it's hot. I love to sprinkle tons of cinnamon on top and some people would say to have a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Either way it's the best. Another favorite from Martha Stewart

Now I am going to wind down and read my current book, Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. Very sad book so far and an author that I haven't read for a very long time. One that I really enjoy but can get old fast for me. 
Now, go you, make some Berries 'n' Dumplings. Thank me later.
♥A. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK