Saturday, December 03, 2011

on spectacular pumpkin pie...

I have to share this recipe with you all. It is by far my most favorite pumpkin pie recipe, one that I used for Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. Every single person was in love with it and I will most likely be making another one very soon :) 


Ingredients:
1/2 package refrigerated pie crust or homemade pie crust (I used this recipe)
2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 40), I used Anna's Ginger thins. 
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 (15-oz) can pumpkin 
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk 
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
(recipe adapted from southern living)


Once you've made your crust or if your using Pillsbury just lay it in your pie dish. I like to poke some holes in bottom of the crust so it doesn't bubble. Put just the crust into an oven that has been preheated to 350 and bake crust for about 5-6 minutes. 
Meanwhile, crush ginger thins. Easiest way is to put them in a zip lock bag and crush them on the counter top. 
Once crushed add powdered sugar & melted butter to the ginger thins. When your crust is down in the oven let it cool completely. Then press the ginger thin mixture on top of the pie crust. 
 Lastly stir together the pumpkin, sour cream, condensed milk, egg, cinnamon & vanilla. Pour it into the completed pie crust, ginger thins and all! Bake pie at 350 for about 40-45 minutes. After about 30 minutes I always cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent them from getting baked too much.
 A very spectacular pumpkin pie. This has become my default pumpkin recipe. It's that good!
♥A.

1 comment :

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK