Wednesday, December 14, 2011

on lately...

Lately I've been working, like a lot! Work is busy and I usually come home and turn into zombie mom. Mom who doesn't want to get off the couch and mom who is a little irritable. This too shall pass and none the less I have a happy heart. 
You will be thrilled to hear that I'm done all my Christmas shopping. I was done last weekend. Everything is bought and hidden away in the small nooks and crannies of our house until I get some time to wrap. This wrapping business is, for me, the hardest part. First, the time obviously is a big issue and also when am I ever alone to be able to wrap presents that these two devils aren't suppose to see. That is a mystery!


We also put up our Christmas tree last weekend. It's always fun. We go to the same place every year to get our tree and this year Sebastian helped pick it out! It's a chore bringing it up three flights of stairs (thanks hubby!) and also finding a place to put it in our closet like apartment since every year we acquire more things... I tried a new location this year and like it a lot! Even though when you sit in the love seat you can barely see the TV with a big green thing in front of you. By the way, those of you who have fake trees have committed a mortal sin. It's wrong. 


Best of all I sent out Christmas cards for the first time ever :) I know a lot people who quit sending Christmas cards with it getting to be too much but I always like cards. I like sending them and receiving them. I always display all the cards we get on our shelf in the kitchen. One of these days I'll have a fire place and mantle and can put them there. I can dream. 


Lastly, Sebastian has his first Christmas show tomorrow at preschool :D My heart swells just thinking about it. He has to dress up in a green shirt and khakis. After trying to pick his teachers brain on what the show was about she refused to tell me. I can imagine just really cute stuff. Naturally I'll have my camera and will show you pictures no doubt. So exciting. I just hope he participates with us being there!


That's my little Christmas update. Hoping to get some Christmas baking in next week. Also are any of you happy Christmas falls on a weekend?! I sure am. I will be enjoying a four day weekend :) Mostly because Sebastian is off of school both Monday and Tuesday. Fun. It will be here before we know it!! 
♥A. 

1 comment :

  1. you in one room with presents to be wrapped. them sent to another room with a movie. they must then stay in that room entire time and watch the entire movie. hopefully that gives you the time you need. now just trying to figure out when you even get that chance...... good luck!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK