Saturday, December 24, 2011

on gingerbread boys...

Last night I start our first year of Gingerbread Boy baking. Sebastian loves to make things, which is such a delight. This year I knew he would be excited to put together some ginger boys. I used an old recipe that has been pasted down in my god-mothers family and the same recipe that she used for my sister and I when we did ginger boys at her house. The best fun about these gingerbread boys is that we constructed with by hand. Handmade! NO cookie cutters. They turned out fabulous and the boys had fun. 



Gingerbread Boy Recipe:

2 3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup shortening

Preheat oven to 350. Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger & salt. Cream together the molasses, brown sugar, egg, shortening. It will create a soft dough. Then just start rolling together your gingerbread boy. Get creative! We made four big gingerbread boys along with 4 smaller cookie cutter gingerbread boys. Bake them for about 10-15 minutes.
Make some frosting and decorate. Kids will love this! Guaranteed.

While the cookies were in the oven I snapped this photos of my in law Christmas tree.

That's an ordament that Bobby made when he was Sebastian's age for his parents. Isn't it cute! Can't wait until Sebastian is older and get to look back on all his crafts he's made for our Christmas tree :)

♥A.

1 comment :

  1. This makes my heart very happy!!!! :} Someone else that also loves to make these badboys. Warm hug

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK