Monday, February 21, 2011

on a grateful day...

(via)
(Sunday's post that for some reason did not publish last night!)
 Today was not very eventful, none the less I am grateful for it. Lots of food shopping and laundry. That is what our Sundays usually look like with a little family time on the side. We do a huge load of food shopping every two weeks. This is the way I like it. Sundays are the days we have time to do all our shopping and my favorite place to do our shopping is at Wegmans. I know I've mentioned this before but I really do love Wegmans and always have a hard time going anywhere else. I'm not the only one that loves this place because I swear the whole area goes there on Sundays. The place can get very packed with people. I don't mind crowds that much but the people in the crowds is what gets me. People not looking where they're going or people just standing in the middle of the aisle looking dumbfounded. So, every two weeks is just perfect for me. I don't think I could to it weekly without getting kicked out and banned from the store. Here are a few good things that I picked up today, some things that I am currently loving.
 1. Dill Veggie Dip; So yummy. I love dill and dipping carrots or cucumbers in it is heavenly. 2. ChoBani Greek Yogurt; This was the first time I've tried any other brands of Greek yogurt. I've been strictly eating the Fage brand because I love it so much. But thought it would be nice to try something new. Two thumbs up. Non-fat and vanilla flavored, and I top it off with some granola. Very filling. Great for breakfast or snack. 
3. Wegmans has a pretty great self serve Mediterranean Bar with all kinds of goodies. Every sort of olives you can image. Fresh mozzarella cheese and also a great assortment of dips. They have the best Baba Ganoush (which is what you see in the picture) dip that I buy and is great with pita.

Another something that has re-entered my life yet again and that I get from Wholefoods is a drink called POM. 
 Sweet Jesus. Best stuff ever. Pomegranate Lychee Green Tea. My favorite. Lychee is native to China. If you haven't ever tried Lychee I recommend you do so. The local Vietnamese PHO restaurant back in Seattle that me and my dad used to go to would give you a glass of water with the Lychee fruit on the bottom which would flavor the water with its sweet flavor. I have been heading over to Wholefoods after work all last week to pick up a bottle for the way home and would instantly make my mood chipper :) It's that good people. Plus good for you. Plenty of antioxidants. 

 I know I've been saying that I haven't really been doing a whole lot of "real" cooking lately. Well, I revisited all my Martha Stewart Everyday Food magazines to plan out some new recipes to try. Which by the way, I think I'd like to subscribe to again. I forgot how great they are. Anyways, this week I will be cooking up the following dishes:
1. Hungarian Stuff Cabbage. Have not cooked this up for a long while and thought some cabbage in our lives is needed.
2. Salmon with Polenta & veggies. Polenta is made from ground yellow or white cornmeal. This used to be on my dinner table at least once a week back when I lived at home with my dad. My step-mom cooked this regularly since it was a custom in Romania. I found a great recipe in the Martha magazine and thought I'd give it a go. 
3. Chicken Pot pie. I'm kinda cheating on this one because the mom-in-law made pot pie last week and froze some extra for me. This way all I have to do is make the pie crust and put it together, put it in the oven and ding dinner is done. Thanks Lori! 
4. Lastly I wanted to make Avocado Egg Sandwiches. Nothing super fancy but Martha had a gorgeous picture of this sandwich and I was like dannnnnng that looks good! So, definitely need to try it out. By the way, avocado is sooo expensive. It's like robbery. 
I'll let you know how they all turn out. What are you cooking up this week?

I will be seeing my hair dresser on Tuesday after work. Overly excited for this since I haven't been there since October! Good god. I've been contemplating on what I should do. I want some more layers and shorter in the back. My hair has been too flat lately with no allure. So I think I'd like the back to resemble something like this..
And the front to be something like this..
 And if I could get a smile like that I would be set for life. What do you think? 
Color is going to be work in progress. I want to go extremely blonde for the wedding. And will take a few times before I get the desired look. I use this website when looking for hair styles, it has been my source for a really long time. 


Hope every one had a nice weekend! 
♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK