Sunday, March 14, 2010

on a little makeover...

So, what do you think? I finally got the motivation to do a complete makeover to my blog. I've always wanted to do my blog up to be more "me". Were as my old blog was just a premade layout that I found, which was just quick and easy so I could start blogging as soon as possible!
At first I started to search online for help to see how I actually go about creating the perfect look for me. I was pretty frustrated because even though there are alot of resources out there, I just don't have the patience to read and then do. Then it dawned on me that I had a man sitting right next to me on the couch that is a computer nerd and so most likely could do everything I want with a few clicks! He did make it look easier than I thought and was able to make everything come true that I had visioned. He is just so great, and I am so lucky to have him! I told him that from now on I'll just be coming to him to upgrade or do-over my blog whenever I need...his response was "grrreeeaaaat" with a sarcastic smile.
As you can see the background has changed to a lovely floral print, which at the moment I am very found of. Then I added another column to the whole page. Now I have three columns with more room to have fun with. 
Yes, that is my little makeover story. Not sure why I am so giddy about this wee change but I am.

Today has been a slightly more productive than yesterday, basically due to the fact that the storm has subsided and we could actually step outside without the wind carrying us up, up and away. That storm was frightening. I would look outside and see trees way to close to us swaying back and forth wishing and hoping that one would not come crashing down on top of us (since we are on the top floor and technically inside the roof).
Today I've tidied up, cleaned the toliet bowl (joy), cleaned out the fridge/orginized, baked & cooked plus done major food shopping. Think I've done pretty good!
Speaking of food shopping, I've observed that I always have such kind people that stand infront of me at the check-out line. Today the lady infront ended up spending 89 dollars (don't ask me why I always look at what people end up spending, it's weird) and so she turned to me and handed me a coupon for 10 dollars off your purchase over one hundred dollars!! How sweet is that? I had no doubt that we were spending over a hundred since we had to do a good week and a halfs worth of shopping. There really are people out there that do care and makes me feel so good inside. I however after being given this coupon couldn't stop thinking about why the hell I didn't have this coupon in the first place. I was about to ask her where she got it because I look in the newspaper every week and there was no 10 dollars off..? Hhhmmm.

I want to share with you my new guilty pleasure. Guilty because it's not exactly the most healthiest snack there is but it's also not horrible for you. A nice in-between sort of happiness--
Wis Pride Garden Vegetable Cheese Spread. Yummmy! So good with Snyders Pumpernickle & Onion Pretzel Sticks. I devoured half the container & pretzels just all while putting groceries away, with Bobbys help of course.


Tonight I wanted to try a new receipe and since we haven't had any sort of pasta for a while I chose to cook up some scrumptious Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells.
Ingrediants:
32 jumbo pasta shells
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
2 teaspoons dried basil
4 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
First, boil up the pasta shells. I made my sauce beforehand because I don't care for jarred sauces. Then you must combine the riccota cheese, egg, spinach, salt & pepper.
Once that is all done and the pasta shells are tender you are ready to stuff them! Now this step can get extremely messy & time comsuming. After stuffing 10 out of 32 shells I threw the spoon into the sink and just dug straight in with my hands! Much easier.
My first shell...after that one they kept getting messier and messier.
Once all are stuffed I put about a 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottem of a 9x13 baking dish, lined up the shells, topped them off with a little more sauce and parmesan cheese and ALLAKAZAAAMM--

Perfect with a nice tossed salad and a warmed rosemary & garlic crusty bread.
Honestly, I'm a damn good cook my friend. Great for the family. Let's just say my boys gobbled everything down. Sebastian couldn't get enough of the bread & kept wanting me to dip it into the sauce :) Such a ham!

To sum everything up Bobby and I watched Avatar lastnight. I loved it and then hated it all at the same time...uh huh. I loved the whole Avatar world and everything about it. The people were intersting and I sort of envied how everyone was so "one" with everything around them. On the other hand I didn't really care for the war aspect of the movie, I'm sure they could of made do with out all that.

Hope you had a swell weekend!
♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK