Monday, March 08, 2010

YOU GO GIRL!

JoAnn Weinburg is a women I not yet have had the pleasure in meeting but I do know her son, Mike Weinburg. Who by the way is totally awesome and I'm not just saying that because he is my boss..Ahem. Let's just say I was in awe when Mike told me about his mom having a rare blood disorder and has been battling it on since 1990. Essential Thrombocythemia is a chronic blood disorder in which the overproduction of platlets is happening by megakaryocyte (a name for an important cell located in the bone marrow). However, just this year Mike's mother was diagnosed with Myelofibrosis, the last stage of this blood disorder. Due to this terrible turn in events, doctors say that she must receive a Bone Marrow Transplant to be able to hang on. Now you can only imagine how much this life changing Transplant can cost and of course the aftermath care she must get just to be certain her body will welcome the new Bone Marrow.
I am asking you, my reader to keep Mike's mom, JoAnn in your thoughts and if you by any means are able to donate to JoAnn Weinburg's Fund please go HERE!


Let's help JoAnn KICK some Myelofibrosis BUTT!!!

♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK