Sunday, August 07, 2011

on a book review...

Boneshaker by Cheri Priest was awesome. I really liked it. I wasn't sure about this one. One of my regular customer gents (a fellow obsessive readers) brought in this book for me, yes a BOOK. I haven't held a book in ages. But no I assure you I still am loyal to my beloved Kindle gem. However if someone hands be a good paperback or hardback for that matter and say it's a good book I can't say no. 
I am glad I didn't. I had the chance on this lazy Sunday on my couch that has been warm & toasty from my buttocks for quite some time (don't judge) to finally finished this book. 
If you're wondering, the Boneshaker is a machine made by an inventor to mine out gold in the Klondike. Something the Russians paid him to do. In the end the beast drilled into the ground and in doing so exposed a gas called the Blight. This unknown gas escaped up into the population killing people or worst turning them into the undead--zombies!! Or in the novel their called Rotters. Sure, there's lots more to it but that is what the Boneshaker itself is. You'll just have find out how the whole thing started and why. Just like the in the main character Zeke who went into the walled up Blight infested Seattle to find answers about his father but instead he found himself in a lot of trouble. 
Boneshaker is book one of five others! Next one is called Clementine & is adding to my list of books to read. Check them out. 

♥A.

No comments :

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK