Saturday, August 13, 2011

on a last beach day...

Our last day started out early. Of course with Sebastian waking me up. It always amazes me how I'm the one being woken up with a either a foot in my face, hands grabbing my face & shaking it, or just mom-mom-mom-mom-mom being said over and over again. Hmmmm. Why is that mom is the one woken up and not let's say DAD! None the less I was up and ready to roll with a coffee and breakfast. Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop presented a plan for them to take the boys out crabbing for the late morning into the afternoon. Cool beans!

Meanwhile, I thought it would be a great chance for Bobby and I to take a stroll on the board walk together. But that ended up being a bust because we couldn't find ANY parking at all and there was no way in hell I was going to spend $20 on parking when all I wanted to really do is walk up and down for about an hour.
So, we drove back to the house packed up and headed down to the beach early...without Sebastian. It was weird. But nice! At first I didn't know what to do with myself but then quickly remembered that I can read, sunbathe and snooze. Bobby got right to the snoozin' with no problem at all :)
We got a good hour or more of nice relaxing time before our little monster came running up to us telling tales about how many crabs he caught. That's when the real beach fun started. Here is the grand finale of the beach photos. 
Our last day was full of watching a very cute baby crawl on the sand, wave surf, catch sand crabs & watch them dig into the sand, read, see tons of white jelly fish floating in the water and chilling on the sand (these jellies don't sting) and Sebastian showing me his catch of the day...a very dead little crab. Lovely. 

We headed for home around 9:30 and didn't get home until closer to midnight. It was a wonderful little mini vacation and so happy that we got to enjoy some beach time this summer. I can't believe we are already in mid August. How time flies! 


♥A.

1 comment :

  1. the whole trip looked like a blast! Makes me want to head for the sea shore.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK